The EXC-RTX 18/25 pair is a very high quality data link operating on SHF broadcasting band.
The design of this equipment derives from the proven EXC/RTX16 series that has received great recognition from the market, as well as for the digital control technology introduced on the EXC25 FM transmitter.
Both the EXC18/25 transmitter and the EXC18/25 receiver offer a complete control through display and keyboard either from control panel or remote control.
The outstanding modulation characteristics, the low noise and distortion, the wide pass band, the optional stereo encoder and decoder, the easy field programmability all together make the ECX-RTX 18/25 pair very appealing for their superior quality, reliability and free maintenance.
The data link is fully compatible with external digital audio encoders/decoders.
- Low noise direct synthesized local oscillator in 100kHz steps.
- External programmability of frequency and power with no need of instruments.
- Simple and modular internal design for an easy maintenance.
- Precise time base, stabilized in temperature.
- Wide adjusting range of input/output levels directly accessible on front panel.
- High quality optional stereo encoder, field installable (later on) on the transmitter.
- High quality optional stereo decoder, field installable (later on) on the receiver.
- High efficiency power supply with high range input voltage.
- Whole internal digital control without mechanical devices.
- Wide and precise monitoring and control either local or remote.
- Password protection at different levels of control and programming parameters.
- Audio and Mpx inputs/outputs, balanced or unbalanced
- RDS/SCA separated input
- Frequency deviation monitored on the transmitter display
- Input for battery backup with battery charger
DATA LINK ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS
- - Frequency range: 1.4-2.6GHz in sub-ranges preset in factory
- Modulation: FM, 75 kHz peak deviation 180k F3E mono 256kF3E stereo
- Synthesis step: 100 kHz
- Frequency error: <2,5 ppM 3' from power-on
- Long term error: <1 ppM/year
- RF Output power: 2W standard, 5W optional
- RF Harmonics: <-60 dBc, -80 dBc typ.
- RF Spurious: <-70 dBc, -80 dBc typ.
- Antenna connector: N / 50 ohm
- Audio/Mpx input level: -3.5 ÷ +12.5dBm@ ± 75kHz deviation on female XLR
- AUX channel input level: -12.5 ÷ +3.5dBm @±7.5 kHz dev.
- Mpx, AUX and monitor connectors: BNC
- Mpx monitor output level on transmitter: 0 ÷ +10 dBm @ ±75kHz dev.
- Deviation limiter: 0 ÷ +7.1 dB, adjustable
- Pre-emphasis time constant: 0/50/75 µs ±2%
- Mpx/mono output level: -1.5 ÷ +12 dBm, 0.5dB/step on male XLR
- S/N ratio (30÷20000Hz rms): >70 dB, 76 typ. Mono / >66 dB, 72 typ. stereo
- Modulation distortion @ 1kHz / 100% dev.: mono ÷0.1% 0.03% typ. /stereo, 1ch ÷0.30% 0.20% typ.
- Stereo separation: >50 dB (100÷5000 Hz)/>45 dB (30÷15000 Hz)
- Audio channels pass band: 30 Hz ÷ 15 kHz ±0.1dB
- Additional demodulated output at wide band: 15 Hz ÷ 120 kHz +0.1/-3dB
- RF Input useful level: -90 ÷ -10dBm (7÷V÷70mV)
- Typical sensitivity: Sin= -90dBm (7÷V) mono / (S/N=60dB)Sin= -70dBm (70÷V) stereo
- Dynamic selectivity:
- >+10dB typ @ ÷F=300 kHz
- >+35dB typ @ ÷F=500 kHz
- >+45dB typ @ ÷F=1.0 MHz
- I/O lines:
- RF and LF disable, Forward power, On-the-Air, no field, alarm.
- RS232 for monitoring and control
- Line voltage: 90 / 260 VAC - 50/60 Hz 30 W (15W receiver)
- Battery backup voltage: 24.0 ÷ 28.0 V / ÷1.2A @ 24 V (0.6A receiver)
- Operating temperature: 0÷35° C nominal -10÷45 °C max.
- Dimensions without handles: 19" 2 Unit Std. Rack (each equipment) 483 x 88 x 334 mm